On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, June 30, 2017

AC and Noah's Birthday

Friday Foto Friends!




Our new AC unit is in and working! It's been inspected three times, working great, and I'm back under the blankets again because it's super cool!! This is our new thermostat for the AC. Pretty fancy, computerized and Wi-Fi remote control from anywhere! Whoever dreamt as we read our little Weekly Readers back in the day that we would carry cell phone/computers in our hand and be able to chart our course, set our thermostats and security system remotely, and take photographs!!! I remember especially being impressed as I read the Weekly Reader circa. 1961 or so that it showed the possibility in the future of being able to see the people we are speaking with on the telephone!! Crazy, crazy!! That was hard for this sixth grader to imagine.

But just this morning we not only spoke on the phone with grandson Noah, but watched his cute antics and excitement of his celebrating a birthday today. Noah is a whopping nine years old! Happy Birthday to you, Noah!!!



With his beautiful mom.


He said the food at camp was really good and his birthday treat this morning was DONUTS and that explained why he was so hyper on the phone!!!


No, I don't think we can blame the donuts. You and your brother have always been willing to put on a great show for us!!! Sweet, cute, smart boys. We love you so much!

I've been walking each morning and see this cat quite often. This morning he/she was up in the tree sitting pretty, but just as I got my phone out, it began to come down the tree to meet me. I wasn't sure what the intent was. Cats don't bite, do they?




Just because she's so cute! Our great niece!

Our year of 2017 is half over now. But it is still half full. I have been walking each morning for the past two weeks and hope it is now my habit again. It was pleasant, although the sun has now made its way through the clouds and it is warming up to reach the forecast of 96 today. That isn't too bad for this time of year. I am hopeful that the summer will not be a scorcher.



A copy of the Weekly Reader from 1961.


9 comments:

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I have missed keeping up with you these past weeks, and look forward to going back and catching up. But enjoyed your foto shots today and am wishing that adorable grandson a Happy Birthday. Re. computerized phones, etc: I remember my mother telling us of having gone to the NY World's Fair in the early 1940's and seeing models of layered high rise highways, tv's and phones where you could see the other person. As children we loved to hear her describe all of these unimaginable "highfalutin" things. Even ten years ago or so, I recall telling Dick while traveling how nice it would be if we could just look up info in the car. What will the next ten bring? Enjoy your long weekend.

Visits With Mary said...

I remember Weekly Reader's, so long ago. Happy Birthday to Noah, he is a cutie!!

Saimi said...

Happy Belated birthday to your Noah, boy his mom could pass for being his sister. Boys are so silly, we had three and now two grandsons - they're all I know - Your picture of your great niece is darling you could enter that in a photo contest and win!!
Have a great 4th of July weekend!
Saimi

Sylvia said...

Yes, I do remember Weekly Reader. looks as if you had a fun walk. Your niece is very cute, so is Norah, happy birthday to him.

Wanda said...

Oh my goodness....Weekly Reader (1961 ~ I was getting married.) Happy belated Birthday Noah. Darling pictures.

Breathing In Grace said...

First, I'm sorry to be late to visit. We had our grands yesterday and today I've been working outside. Love all your pics, but especially those of the cute little boys...and your niece, too! I hadn't thought about the Weekly Reader in ....eons! I'd totally forgotten about it. Congrats on getting back in the routine of walking...I've gotta get there, too. Thanks so much for sharing and being faithful to link up on Fridays. HOPE you have a great weekend.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my goodness! A Weekly Reader from 1961? Wow! I must have read that one back then as well, as I would have been still about 10 when this was published...didn't turn 11 until Sept. of that year...so we probably had the same stories! What fun! So happy you are high -tech and way-cool, just like the Jetsons almost!!! I'm still waiting for our own little flying cars...that would be super! Just pop up above the traffic and zoom away! I love the pics of your sweet grandson Noah. Makes me miss our grandson Noah, who is 17, almost 18! He used to be little and cute like that too, but now is about 6'3", but still cute. He lives in Maine, so we rarely get to see each other. Enjoy your little ones while they are still excited to visit and talk to Grandma and Grandpa! Glad you are able to walk. I am getting back in the routine as well since my surgery, but it has been hot and rainy, so we have to pick our times carefully! Enjoyed your post today. I feel like we've sat and chatted. Have a blessed and glorious 4th of July weekend!

betty-NZ said...

Oh, I couldn't wait for the Weekly Reader to arrive at school!! I used to think that our grandparents had seen so much in their lifetime but ours are pretty exciting as we get older. Love the new thermostat and glad you are so cool!!

Dianna said...

Awww...happy birthday (belated) to your Noah! That boy is so adorable. Every time I see him I want to reach through the screen and give him a hug...or tickle him. :) What a cutie!

Good for you with your new walking routine! I need to get out there and do the same!