On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, March 27, 2017

Stormy Weather

We watched a fantastic lightning show in the storms that came through last night. It also brought some much needed rain, along with some undesirable hail. The city sounded the sirens so I went in the closet for just a bit while DH sat outside watching the storm. In light of everything that is going on this week, I won't be having the insurance adjuster out to see if there was any damage, so will just have to wait for an inspection of our roof. Besides, there will be more storms to come in the next month, so it won't hurt to wait.

Many roses came into bloom this past week
and grass is greening up

The sky was dark as the storms came in

An amazing lightning flash lit up the entire yard
Both the above pics are of the same view
from a video I took as I watched the storm.


Looking out the front door

The yard was muddy enough for a couple of weeks before the lawn guys determined there was a sprinkler line broken and after a few days of them digging through the muddy muck, I think ... believe ... hope it has been repaired!! Yucky stuff!

It got worse before they finished.

The following is from my friend, Victoria. I wanted to share it here.

"The storm roared through here last night, determined to destroy anything in its path. It was loud, it sounded mean. Of course, I prayed protection over humans, animals and property, and in doing that, felt no fear. We have some dents in the truck and leaves lay about the yard and, as you see from the picture, many rose petals on the ground. I was just showing those roses off hours before the storm.

But, look at the second picture - a lovely bud that promises a beautiful bloom tomorrow. Isn't that a picture of God's mercy and grace? The enemy comes roaring in, seeking to destroy and devour. He is loud, he is mean. He is sometimes able to do some damage. But, God never leaves His children hopeless. There is always the promise of a future and a hope. If the enemy is roaring at you this morning, pray and stand, knowing that no one can snatch you out of your Lord's hand. I love you, friends."


I have great hope!


2 comments:

Dianna said...

What a beautiful post, my friend. Storms can be dangerous, but they can also be beautiful...like with the pictures that you captured with your video. I also enjoyed what your friend wrote about the storm and how she compared it to a spiritual truth. The rose is beautiful!

Terri D said...

Thanks for sharing your friend's message. Wow! Your photos are amazing. I would have gone to the closet with you! Yikes!l Glad there was little damage and I hope the storms pass you by next time!