On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thankful Thursday

In light of my computer woes, it wasn't in my plan today to post anything. However, the day I did have planned went somewhat awry and I was reminded in all of the challenges how much I have to be thankful for. 

The past year and a half in dealing with the memory loss of DH and other even more serious health issues have caused the weight of problems and decision-making to fall to me. Since it has been a gradual process, I feel the Lord has allowed it to come little by little to ease me into this role. Now however, the past couple of months it seems to be falling heavier. 

In addition to decisions relating to our retirement, car repairs, the garage door opener breaking, then my computer, and yuck! made the discovery that rats have found a sweet hiding place in the sauna on the upper outside deck! That led to the realization of many other things that are going to have to be tended to. 

This morning as we got in the car to go run errands, the message came on informing me of "0" air in the right rear tire. A FLAT! It was somewhat of a circus trying to get enough air in the tire to get us to the tire store and then my DH headed off without me and went to the wrong place. I panicked of course, but was able to get him on the phone and instruct him as to where he needed to be. 

When I finally saw him pull into Discount Tire, I was able to breathe a great sigh of relief, and as we stood waiting for assistance, I noticed the sounds from the intercom were of Christian music playing. "I'm no longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God." Those words caused me to truly breathe an even greater sigh of relief and peace in that moment. God is good. I thank Him that He is our perfect Provider for our material needs, and He also brings comfort to my anxious spirit reminding me of who He is and who I am. Good, good Father. 

"When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul."
Psalm 94:19

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love the verse, Nonnie.
When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul. I love the Psalm. Faith will get you through each day. God honors Faith.

Susie said...

Nonnie, Bless your heart. I feel the music was the Lord sending you hope. You know we never truly know how we would react unless we were in your shoes. We say ,Oh I would do this or that....but it's different when it happens. Sending you a big hug, cause there's times we can all use one. Prayers are the best. So I will hold you in my prayers. xoxo, Susie

Dianna said...

Oh Nonnie, you do have a lot on you. I can only imagine how anxious you were when you realized that your husband had driven off without you and went to the wrong place. I am so blessed at how God met the need of your heart and spirit by the words to that song. :) Yes, God is good. We have a saying around our house...God is good, all the time. ALL the time, God is good.

NanaDiana said...

I so understand what you are going through, Connie, but wish I didn't. I know that God guides and protects us through the toughest of times but it is still hard to not get anxious and feel overwhelmed at times.
God bless you. I hope you have a peaceful weekend. xo Diana

Debbie said...

You do seem to have a pretty heavy load right now, (I can just imagine your thoughts when hubby drove off without you!) but I LOVE that the Lord touched your life with the sweet reminder of His presence at just the right moment. Yes, God is good all the time. That verse in Psalms by the way, is one of my all time favorites. Praying you have a nice week-end!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I do love that verse...and also the song, "Your a Good, Good Father"...our heavenly Father watches over us all the time. praying for you as you deal with these changes in DH and what impact that has for you. May God give you strength and wisdom and much patience. He will guide you with His eye. Trust Him.

Terri D said...

We believers are so blessed to be able to draw upon the strength of our Lord when things begin to feel out of control. He is always there for us. Always. Keeping you and your DH in my prayers, dear friend.

Visits With Mary said...

That was God speaking to you!! He is so awesome.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love when God brings us to that place, when we know He is with us. ((Hugs)) That is a heavy load to carry.