On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge



I'm a tad bit tardy with Hodge Podge, but I'm going ahead with it anyway. All are welcome to join the fun with Joyce's fun questions at From This Side of the Pond.


1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?

Anything to do with water! Going to a public pool was a treat for us and Mom took us to one maybe once a week! But for the other days? The water hose. We had great times in our swimsuits in the back yard taking turns splashing each other with the hose and it was our favorite way to cool off in the hot summer days.

2. What's your favorite summer smell?


Honeysuckle! I can still remember the smell as it came through the open windows at night.



3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?

I love sand on the beach!
Oh sand. It feels so good to stand on a beach and have the sand between my toes, 
as my heels are sinking in. 
But when I'm standing in the water, the sand is a little creepy to me when it shifts and
I find myself unable to touch the bottom.

4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?

It would have to be the Sunchips!

5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?

At home, the AC is set on 73 constantly, I'm in my favorite chair with a book, the ceiling fan blowing over me, and I'm covered with a blanket! Ahhhh! So good.

6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.

Climb, Climb up Sunshine Mountain! Mom taught me that song long ago, and I still enjoy singing it with the kids.


7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?

One really great customer service experience was with the Tempurpedic Mattress people. My husband had just had open heart surgery and the first night he was home, he was unable to sleep and requested demanded that I go purchase one we had looked at a couple of months before, and have it delivered next day. It was delivered and, after two nights sleeping on the bed, my husband decided he didn't like that one and asked me to have the bed returned and a new one delivered immediately. Can I just say, as much as I love my husband, it's not in my nature to demand things or ruffle anybody's feathers, and I will usually make do with things. But I went over to the store, explained the situation, and the people were right on top of it (no pun intended), exchanging the bed the next day. That impressed me very much, especially in light of the fact that our bedroom is upstairs!!!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Speaking of water and summer, the swimming pool is one of my favorite memories from our last house. It was so refreshing to be able to take a dip any time, or just laze around on a float. We had many good times there. Our Schnauzer especially loved it and, when anybody was in the pool, she would jump in, swim to a float, crawl up on whoever was there, and then dive in to swim over to the next float! (She could be a little annoying with it sometimes!)




The lovely girl is our daughter!


3 comments:

Terri D said...

I enjoyed your Hodgepodge! We have a pool, and it has lost its charm for us. After 25 years, we rarely get in anymore, Company from up north always enjoy it, though. It is always summer in Florida.

Sweet Tea said...

You and I have so much in common when it comes to our childhood. We seem to have been raised much in the same way. I have wonderful memories much like yours!

Wild Oregonian said...

Oh, I love the Hodgpoge. I always loved water too and usually find my most peaceful times are those when I can see and hear and smell the ocean.
Thank you for sharing!