On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Flying Fonza Feathers!

It was with some apprehension that I left Trudy over a week ago
with my friend Bettye and her chicken friends.
I knew the day would come that Trudy would have a chance at the chickens.
Bettye convinced me that Trudy would lose interest in that henpen.
This little Schnauzer says
bunnies, squirrels, chickens, were made for the chase.
First peek at the chicks!
I have no pictures since I didn't get to witness this firsthand.
So here's what happened as Bettye tells it.
 
She forgot!
Bettye FORGOT to close the chicken coop after feeding the chickens.
Her favorite chicken Fonza saw the open door and
seized the opportunity for freedom.
Trudy was also out!
 
Can you say Uh-Oh?????
 
Trudy saw Fonza and the chase was on.
Bettye was in a panic.
She couldn't catch Trudy or the chicken.
Round and round the yard.
I think you could say she was
panic-stricken for her chicken,
...
Fonza remembered:
I've got wings!
 
So, up, up and away. She flew over the fence
and hid behind some boxes in the open garage.
Whew!
I'm sure Trudy was mighty surprised and disappointed
to see that bird disappear.
(She has no clue that her life was also spared that day.)
 
It took a while for Bettye to coax Fonza out and soothe that fluttering heart,
but she managed to get her back to the henhouse.
Fonza ran back to the farthest corner.
And promptly laid an egg.
End of story.
 
Something good did come out of the wild chicken chase after all!
 
 
Love me some chicken!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Shelly said...

What an anxious, exciting time! I think we could all take a lesson from Fonza. When adversity hits, do something productive, like lay an egg. All's well that ends well.

Melanie said...

At least the story has a happy ending!

My Mind's Eye said...

WTG Trudy...always keep'em guessing!! What a cute and fun post. Backyard chickens are in vogue here in the middle of metropolis
Hugs madi and Mom

yaya said...

A think a video on that chase would have made Youtube sensation! That's just too funny. I'm glad everyone made it home safe and sound!

Sweet Tea said...

Now.That.Is.One.Good.Story.
LOL!!!!
In my mind I can just see that commotion unfold.
I bet Fonza laid a "boiled" egg, and who could blame her?!!

Jill said...

LOL! Love this...having 4 small curious dogs myself I can totally relate. Love the doggie costume :-)
Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

Jill said...

Hi!

Wanted to stop back over to answer your question about the thumbprint in the burger patties. I didn't have an email to contact you so I came back to comment. It is to keep the burger from rising up in the middle and allowing the burger to flatten out and cook more evenly. Stays moister too :-)

Thanks for your sweet comments :-) Have a good night!

Jill

Chatty Crone said...

What a story, but it all worked out okay!

momto8 said...

ha!! fun story.