On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Rest of the Story

Our Great Smoky Mountains Vacation turned out to be the beginning of a continuing saga.
Lots of things have happened - no time to keep track of everything about it.
Many events. Many blessings. But counting it all joy!

Arrived at Gatlinburg after a beautiful day in the Smoky Mountains.
Upon arrival at our hotel, Jay wanted to nap and I went downstairs to iPad! ;-)
A few minutes later, a gnawing feeling of uneasiness came over me,
and I decided to go back upstairs to our room.
So glad for that little intuition (which I know was the Lord)
because after a couple of exchanges between Jay and I about the beautiful scenery
and where to have dinner, I noticed his face had drooped considerably
and his speech was slurred. Called 911 and everything went into action.
They whisked him away by helicopter to UT Medical Center in Knoxville
and left me all alone! :-(

No, I wasn't alone.


Almost immediately, I had assurance of His presence
and off I went to spend the next three days with my Dear Heart in the hospital.

So many kind people surrounded me in my aloneness
and the prayers of family and friends kept us encouraged.

Thanks to God for the timing in everything ... location, quick paramedics, great hospital.

Three days later, we flew home not knowing all that lay ahead.
But thank God, He does. He goes before us and makes a way.





1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

Just the thought of all this gives me the shivers. God's plan is always perfectly timed.