On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Beat Goes On!

If I don't post this today, I may as well leave it as a draft forever! Sometimes life just gets busy … or boring … no, really not boring, just not a lot to blog about. But somehow blogging just hasn't been a priority these days. Most of my time has been taking care of things around the house, car issues, etc. but mostly preparation for the semester of Bible Study Fellowship. I am hopeful that I am getting settled with that, but I think there will be many surprises along the way and the need to stay in contact with my group leaders and my group!

We now have two weeks of BSF behind us and I have to say God has certainly blessed me with a great bunch of ladies in my group. I am so excited that they are not shy about sharing and so far, have heard some good wisdom from them. Praying for the enthusiasm to continue!

There are so many new people to know. I love it! One of my prayers this year has been for the Lord to bring new friends into my life and He certainly has. Many! I am excited to get to know them all better and learn from them and their experiences and wisdom.

I have a few pictures, but not much. It's too hot around our neck of the woods for the flowers to do much, but the grass is still very green and seems to grow instantly after mowing! Kate was here this weekend and we enjoyed just being with her. She is such a lovely young lady at 11 and so considerate and caring of us.
She still sits with Grandpa on his chair!

We got to see Brady play soccer a couple of weeks ago and his birthday is coming up at the end of the month so we took his gift to him early. He will be 13 and that is just almost impossible to believe! Time! You move way too fast as we get older. Brady is a champ at everything he sets out to do. So proud of him! But then again, I see all the grandkids that way … Noah, Kate and Jack, all treasures!

My nephew's daughter is growing up adorably!!

And her baby brother Mav is growing up!

Friday afternoon was book club and we discussed the book Orphan Train. It was a good book, but very sad to think of the thousands of children who were orphaned or abandoned to be sent out West in the late 1800's and early 1900's to live in homes where they were either treated as family or servants. A few were fortunate enough to find homes, but for many, they were slaves. As we were getting ready to leave, one of our ladies began experiencing chest and jaw pains and high blood pressure. Although she protested, we had 911 come for her and while it turned out that she wasn't having a heart attack, her blood pressure was extreme and so it was good for her to be treated.

We saw the neurologist Monday and good report there … DH holds his own. She said I'm doing a good job taking care of him and his social life!! Funny thing is, I drilled him pretty good before the appointment and she didn't even ask the questions! Hehe! She thought that was pretty funny when I told her, and said that is a good thing for me to do.

We attended our first concert of this season a week ago Friday night and boy, was it fun! We had dinner with our friends beforehand and then had third row seats to watch a group called Sail On … a tribute to the Beach Boys! They sang and played for two hours and had a group of us oldies in the audience dancing! I managed to coax DH up and we managed to dance through a couple of songs. Mind you, it wasn't quite the dance we used to do, but it sure felt good to see him enjoying himself!

Crazy problem with our Volt. It won't turn off!! It is so frustrating to go somewhere or come home and the darn thing won't shut off. You know you can't get out of your car and leave it running. Last week the dealership pronounced it was the key fob that was the problem. So they replaced the battery and I came home only to have the problem continue. Last week I took it back to them and now supposedly, the problem is the shifter. The car doesn't recognize it is in park. Sooooooo, it will need parts. And guess what???!!! GM went on strike the night before at midnight, so we don't know when parts will be available. Praying that someone will have mercy and find the part we need to fix the car.

But as I waited (as I am learning to do more and more!!) I noticed the receptionist wearing GASP!! white shoes after Labor Day. Haha!!! Who cares here in Texas, right? It's still been hot, hot, hot!

On a humorous note, here are some kids getting relief from the heat and feeling the freedom!!!


And the good news for me from my physical on Monday is that I am in great shape! The doctor said she can't believe I am 70!! My prayers for strength and continued good health are heard since one of us here needs to be in good physical shape!

And the beat goes on!


10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

So you help your husband to pass the neurologist's questions - you are so sweet. With a good physical for you. I think that is great - you have a lot on your plate. You do have a lot going on. It is so sweet your granddaughter sits on her grandpa's lap. You have so many young people around you!!!
You could have saved that women in your bible study!
I love the beach boys - glad you and your husband danced!

Love, sandie

Susie said...

Nonnie, I pray for you and DH. It warmed my heart to see your sweet Kate sitting with grandpa. What an adorable picture. Our Emma will sit with papaw in his chair and she is as tall as he is now. She is 15...talk about time flying as we age...the older we get the faster it goes. Oh I hope GM settles soon and that the workers get some of the profits the higher ups get. LOL. Blessings to you and your wonderful family, xoxo, Susie

Cathy said...

I love the Beach Boys. So glad you got to go and dance and have fun. Good medical reports are a wonderful thing!

Ihope you have a blessed day.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a great post. It is good to finally get caught up with you. We have both been busy it seems, and blogging becomes not as much a priority when life takes over. But I am glad to be getting back to it again now that we are settled into our new home, more or less. Still stuff to do, but that will always be the case. Time to get back to just living and enjoying. It sounds like that is what you are doing too! So glad your Dr. appt. was good. That is always a blessing to hear. Please just keep doing the good things you are doing, and you will be blessed!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You have been so busy! The kids are so cute and I loved the photos you shared. You reports from the doctor's, that is awesome. That is very strange about your car. Mine will run after I turn it off sometimes but it is a cooling down thing. I agree, in CA I don't care about wearing white after Labor Day.

Annie said...

So glad to hear of the new friends! That's so great and greater still is your good health report. I wonder who came up with the white after labor day rule?

Bobbie said...

That last picture is the best!!! It certainly brought a smile. Glad your health report was good!

NanaDiana said...

So glad that your hubby is holding his own. Is he on an enhancement med of some sort? iknow some of them help some people. It is so important to keep up the social aspect of life--to stay connected to true reality.

love all the pictures of the grandkids. I hope that you enjoy your Bible study - good for you for staying connected with a group like that.

I also got a really good health report and bones, etc., all good! Whoo Hooo..funny what excites us at this age! lol xo Diana

Sandi said...

Sweet babies! :)

Annsterw said...

I hope you are well!!! I miss your posts! HUGS!!!