On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, May 13, 2019

Happy 70th Birthday to me!


Showers of blessing!!

Prince Harry said he was over the moon about the birth of his baby boy! Congratulations to them! But speaking for myself, I was "over the moon" and completely surprised at my 70th birthday celebration weekend before last. Although I tried to post about it last week, life caught up with me and it was a very busy week. While all the wonderfulness of the birthday is still with me, it is now a treasured memory.





My brother, Phil, and sis-in-love, Susan, had promised weeks ago they wanted to come for a visit this weekend for my birthday. I marked it on my calendar and was looking forward to a quiet weekend with them, having a nice dinner and a long visit. When I shopped on Thursday morning, I even bought a bottle of wine!

After they arrived on Friday afternoon, we sat outside enjoying one of those rare Texas spring days, we visited, and Susan was doing a lot of texting with friends. I asked what they thought they might want to do for dinner to which they replied they had eaten on the way. What?? Really?? After a bit, Phil said they needed to leave, which made me wonder what was going on? I thought they came to see me! 

They went inside the house, the back door opened again, and lo and behold, who should walk through the door but Barrett, Sara, Brady and Noah, who had just arrived from Austin! Wowzer! I certainly wasn't expecting that. They wished me happy birthday, and then my brother informed me they had to go to the airport to pick up Julie and Tenley who were flying in from Virginia. Billy and Crystal, Hunter, Lincoln, and Londyn would arrive later in the evening! Then Jason, Kate and Jack came on Saturday, along with RuthAnn's Dad, Wayne. Oh. My. Goodness!!! I was overwhelmed! It seems Susan had been texting with everybody to stay updated with their travels.

At that point, it is an understatement to say I was stunned and couldn't comprehend what was going on. What a wonderful weekend! Susan and Sara had planned the dinner for the evening, and breakfast for Saturday morning! With exception of Sara's family who stayed with us, my brother put everybody else up in a nearby hotel. Lunch on Saturday was catered by Abuelo's, a HUGE chocolate cake was there, gift from everybody, cards, singing, fun, games:


All of it made for a SPECTACULAR and very cherished birthday celebration. So much love from the people I love, so many kind words spoken. I will never forget it!

This is the detail minded, big-hearted, and thoughtful guy who planned it all!


My house was full over the week-end, and my heart was even fuller!!

I can't figure why Jack looks so much bigger than the others here.


Little Tenley

Sara and Julie

Me with Tenley

A game of 42

Just chilling


He was a little surprised, too! 
"It's your birthday?" he says!
"How old are you?"
"Guess!"
"86!!"
Haha!!!!!

What a special birthday 70 turned out to be. I loved and enjoyed every minute of the weekend. To have a birthday filled with surprises, loved ones, food, balloons, lovely birthday cards … to have their presence meant so much more to me than any present ever could. My sister hadn't been able to come, but she and my niece had come a few weeks before and she sent these gorgeous flowers!

The notes on birthday cards were especially precious to me. One in particular … Kate showed me her card and explained that she couldn't find any cards that had Nonnie on them, so she selected one for Grandma. "Nonnie, I looked at so many cards and read them and this one said how I feel about you, so I scratched out Grandma and put Nonnie. I love you so much!" Jack was excited to tell me that he had written in cursive in his card for me.

And the rest is just pictorial of everybody enjoying the weekend.









Of course we had to have a tea party


Fun inside







Fun outdoors!

It was a fabulous birthday which I will always remember! I know that my brother put a lot of thought into it and a bunch of "dollars" to make it happen, but he had cooperation from so many others!  God bless them every one!


Thank you, Phil and Susan!

And thank you, Mom and Dad!










7 comments:

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, Connie!! What a blessed and just plain wonderful birthday celebration!! I know it is one you will never forget!! Thanks for sharing the fun with us!!

Jan said...

What a wonderful birthday!

Chatty Crone said...

I went out with Kelly tonight and as we were getting in the car she rolled the window up and my finger was on the rim and it got smashed to smithereens and it looks terrible and it hurts. But Happy Happy Happy birthday to you!!!!

Susie said...

Nonnie, You know I love that photo of you as a baby with your parents. What a sweet brother Phil is, to make such a birthday for you. Oh that D.H. haha. Rotten. I love all the fun pictures of everyone having fun. You make 70 look good girl. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

First of all....Happy 70th Birthday! What a wonderful gift you were given having all those people at your party. How blessed you are to be loved so much. I love all the photos.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Oh Connie, what a wonderful birthday weekend you had! There are obviously so many who love and appreciate you and what an amazing way to show you. That sweet little Kate summed it all up, didn't she. She who gives much, receives much! I loved reading your account and then seeing all the happy faces made it complete.

Kay G. said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration!! 70? No way!!! What a gorgeous lady you are! God bless you, wishing you much happiness.