On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, July 16, 2018

The Reason I Blog

The goal for me when I began my blog was for the purpose of recording the fun things the grandkids have said or done and my memories of the time spent with them. Also, as I recall things from my own life, or reflect on my own special memories, to record them here. I discovered new friends in blogging whom I wish I could meet in person, but since that most likely won't happen, I can enjoy the friendships in Blog Land each day to see what's going on in their lives and it's always fun, of course, to exchange comments.




The other evening as a storm was moving in, Jack and I were the only ones at the park. I took a couple of pictures of him, as always, but he wasn't having it. He said he doesn't like to have his picture made and I get that. I'm not crazy about it either. He wanted to know why then I take the pictures. I told Jack it's to have them to save in my photo journal that I keep and someday when he's around 20 years old or so, I can look at the pictures and recall the sweet memories of when Jack came to visit me. Jack's response was gold. "Nonnie, I'm still gonna come visit you when I'm 20."




We even got Grandpa up to toss a few rings.

What was left of the cinnamon rolls on Saturday


Jack and I went shopping. He wanted a body pillow so he can sit up in bed as he plays Minecraft on his iPad. This boy loves to shop. First thing in Bed Bath and Beyond he saw this chair and wanted it. Mama said No! Even when she saw this cute pic of him sitting on the chair! Ha!

He got his body pillow and a neck pillow. That boy!


Then we went to Chuck E. Cheese to win more tickets for his collection.

He didn't do bad at all, but it's crazy how many tickets you have to win just to get a decent prize. Very disappointing.


Brady is now in Spain for the next 30 days to experience new knowledge of things foreign, fun and games, making new friends.






Noah is here with us for the week.

Today we did the indoor pool and wow,
very few people there.

He made some new friends and had a great time.




Four reasons why I blog.

Plus a few others of my own.


11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You have a wonderful blog that will show all your grandchildren you life with them. And they are all cute - Andy is a shopper too! So Spain for a month - awesome! sandie

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I cannot think of a better reason to blog! What a record of memories your grands will have to share with their own children one day. I don't know who is more blessed, you or them. Being a grandmother myself, I'd say it's a toss up. Keep on blogging and sharing your life with grands with us.

Karen said...

I love looking back at my posts and seeing how my grandkids have grown also. Your joy filled posts and pics always bring a smile. The kids will cherish your journal as time goes by.

Annsterw said...

The pictures are fantastic and your Grandkids are super adorable! Happy week! Hugs

Patti said...

Four lovely reasons to blog! Jack's response was precious. And since you recorded it, you will be able to recall it any time you wish. If we don't write things down, we will surely forget many beautiful moments.

Have a beautiful day,
Patti

Annie said...

I love your reasons for blogging.
Its wonderful he still wants to visit when he is 20. What a nice boy.

Terri D said...

Those four are the BEST reasons to blog!! I love reading about your grands and the fun things you are able to experience with them! Great photo!!

Dianna said...

Oh my, Connie! You have the cutest grands...if Jack's mom ever decides to part with him please email me immediately. We'll send him a plane ticket for WV! I couldn't have resisted that chair he wanted just because he looks so cute sitting in it. Do you think that maybe...just maybe...my grands live far away and when they are here we spoil them?

Brady is in Spain? Wow...what an experience for him! I'd love to hear his stories when he gets back home!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love Jack's response that he will still visit you when he is 20! That is priceless! I truly hope he will, and I am sure he will...you have such a wonderful relationship with your grandchildren...what a blessing. My one and only is too far away to see very often, and he is now 18. I wonder how often he will come visit us...I miss him. I miss him being little like your cute kids. They do grow up, so enjoy every moment you can. Love the reasons you blog...all of them. I agree...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was such a sweet comment he made. That's the same reason I blog although I haven't had much to share in quite awhile. Looks like a nice time with Jake. Wow, Spain for 30 days. How wonderful is that. Have fun with Noah. Four great reasons to blog!!! Enjoy your weekend.

Cathy said...

Grandkids are a wonderful thing. I love my grandson and I so enjoy seeing other people enjoying their grandkids. Love this post.