On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday Foto Friends

This is it! This is all I have for Friday Foto Friends with Deb at Breathing in Grace! Hope to see you there.


These are photos from a vacation a few years ago on our train trip out west.

Glacier Park

Isa Lake
(Pretty to see, but creepy to think about under the water's surface.)


You know the feeling of disappointment when you go to the grocery store or any other place you need to park, and think there is an empty space only to discover there is already a little car, or a motorcycle, or it's a handicapped spot or for expectant moms? I don't begrudge the handicapped or expectant mom spots because I think that's super nice for them. However, last week when I took the kids to the aquatic center, I was delighted to see the above sign. Reserved for Seniors Only!! How cool is that? The kids thought my excitement was funny!

And, on this date, 2012, we were in Alaska. My memories from Facebook:



The flowers


We lost count yesterday of the number of humpback whales we saw bubble feeding in Southeast Alaska. Also saw a mom with her calf and three whales came up to and swam under our boat. The captain let down a microphone into the water and we listened to the whales sing. What an experience!!!! So much excitement! The wonder of God's creation! It brought tears to my eyes. :-) 


I tried to upload the video I took of the whales swimming under the boat, but the upload failed.




12 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your trip photos are marvelous - love the blue skies and brilliant flowers

Linda said...

Beautiful photos...and grinning about the sign.

Cathy said...

Oh my! I love, love, love the whales. I would so much love to see them, but I sure enjoyed your pictures. If I had a bucket list, that train trip would be on it. That is something else I want to do someday.

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed your pictures.

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed seeing your Alaska pictures - I got to go there a few years ago myself and it was good memories. Such a beautiful place.

Do you have a Whole Foods out there - here they have a place for seniors too - I think that is nice too.

What makes me mad is when I see someone healthy and young - hop out of a car in the handicap place when I know they have 'borrowed' the sign. There are a lot of really hurting people out there!

Love, sandie

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

These Alaska pictures brought so many wonderful memories from our Alazkian cruise several years ago. We didn't get to see many whales though and were disappointed about that. But, the views and experiences outweighed that. I wish more businesses were as considerate as this business owner. Enjoyed your Friday fotos and hope you have a great weekend.

Annie said...

Beautiful photos! Its so wonderful to see places I will probably never get to see in person. Thanks for sharing them :)

Terri D said...

It is so hard to upload videos here unless they are YouTube. Makes me crazy too. I'm sure the whale video is amazing! What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing!

NanaDiana said...

What great photos. I would love to hear the whales sing. I bet that was really, really amazing. It sounds like you had a really wonderful time. xo Diana

Breathing In Grace said...

Gorgeous fotos! Hearing whales sing had to be amazing! Thanks so much for sharing! (to answer your question about the icemaker, it's part of the refrigerator - hubby ordered a new one to plug in where he removed the old one)

Sandi said...

Gorgeous shots!

And there be whales!!

Visits With Mary said...

Great vacation pictures, a train ride sounds great.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We visit Glacier last year but they only let us go in a little ways because their has been fires. We will be visiting Glacier again in a few weeks. I can't wait. I love the Seniors Only parking spot!!! Sounds like an amazing trip to Alaska. Beautiful photos.