On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Throwback Thursday



Breakfast at La Madeleine this morning with DH after his lab work and got to sit by the fireplace. Oh, those croissants! And the bacon was perfect! I haven't had bacon for months. I baked a cheesecake for our son's birthday tomorrow and hoping it turns out good. The batter was pretty yummy. My friend Alice came over for a long and much needed visit. The plumber fixed the toilet. It's a good day. 


One of our fun young moms at church. 

Times have changed. Last night after church (actually during church, too) Frosty and Rudolph were there for the kiddos and a hot chocolate social. 

Rudolph led the choir in a rendition of his favorite song.

Back in the day ...
Me as one of the angels who got to recite, "Fear Not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy."

With my Daddy and enjoying a chew on my rubber doll.

The dolls got bigger.
My sister and brother and me rocking in front of the Christmas tree! Such sweet and cozy times we enjoyed in that little house ... a cracker box with living room, kitchen, one bath and two bedrooms. 






7 comments:

Karen said...

Love those black and white pictures from the good ol' days!

Visits With Mary said...

Sitting by the fire, what a nice thought!!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you were so cute - and you kept all those picture.
I like La Madeline's too.
My son and his family are coming in tomorrow for four days - so I probably won't be here in blogland much I really want to spend time with the family, but.....

We Wish You a Merry♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ And a Happy New Year!!!

Love, sandie♥

NanaDiana said...

I love all those old pictures. They are really sweet and show such a simpler time of life, don't they? It is amazing the houses we grew up in compared to the houses many kids live in today.

God bless you and wishing you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! xo Diana

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Precious Memories. I love the nostalgia expressed here...the angel, the dolls, your Daddy, the cozy house with the family...all wonderful. Glad you have had a good few days. Merry Christmas a little late, and Happy New Year.

Breathing In Grace said...

I still have my doll that I got for Christmas when I was 5 years old and it looks so much like the big doll you're holding outside! Hope you had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I loved those pics from the past. What fun memories they have brought you. We have a fairly new La Madeline's here but I've been once. I can see I need to make a breakfast visit in the near future. Happy New Year!