On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Saturday 9 Da Doo Ron Ron

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions! You can link up your answers with The Gal Herself right here.


Saturday 9: Da Doo Ron Ron (1977)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song begins by stating that he met her on a Monday and his heart stood still. How did your past week start? It may be a lot to expect you to report that you met someone who made your heart stand still, but did anything noteworthy occur?

Not really. We had a routine visit at the doctor's office and the only noteworthy thing was we were there 2 1/2 hours due to having to wait. We don't mind too much because our doctor spends so much time with each patient and we appreciate that. It just might be better if they scheduled her patients further apart. One thing I did find interesting about this visit was the new forms which had to be completed due to their computer changeover. We had to initial that if we were 15 minutes late, they would have to reschedule! What? I really wanted to say something, but I didn't. We are never late, but that seems unfair!


2) While making hit records, Shaun Cassidy also starred as Joe Hardy on the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books have been popular with generations of American kids. Were you a fan?

I liked Nancy Drew books. I only had two, but I read both several times. I liked the books, but it was hard to identify with Nancy since she was older than me, apparently wealthy, and had a convertible!

3) Shaun went to Beverly Hills High School. Over the decades, BHHS has had many good footballs teams. Do you remember what sports your school excelled at?

My class of 67 was the best in the history of our school excelling in football, baseball, basketball and wrestling. Our class had the best athletes!

4) Shaun followed his older half-brother, David Cassidy, into TV/records/teen stardom. Do you have siblings? If yes, what career paths did they follow?

My brother is a CPA and Senior VP of a large bank. My sister recently retired from customer service with an insurance company. They are both good at what they do.

5) His middle name is Paul, after his maternal grandfather. Tell us something about one of your grandparents.

My grandad was a city boy whose mother was an evangelist. As an adult, he moved his family to live the country life in another state. He lost his leg in a mowing accident and went back to business school to prepare for a new career, which he did and moved his family back to the city.


Grandad had a "peg leg" until he was able to get an artificial limb years later. We grandkids loved to drop pennies in the artificial limb which had a hole in the side for some reason unknown to me!! It is incredible to me to do the math and see my Granny and Grandad in this photo are in their 40's!! The older lady is Grandad's mother.

6) Shaun's mother, actress Shirley Jones, reports that he was more than 3 weeks late and born by Cesarean. Have you heard family legends about your arrival into the world?

I was born in a garage apartment on my grandparents' property. My Dad, my mother's parents and her grandmother were present for the birthing. The doctor wanted to give my mother something to help with the pain, but my great-grandmother insisted it was good for her to experience! Say what??? Poor Mama. Actually, my Dad overrode my great-grandmother's orders and thankfully, permitted the doctor to help Mama with the pain in delivering this 10 pound baby girl!


This pic is of my Mom's family in front of the garage apartment where I was born. She and Daddy are the couple on the right and she was pregnant with me when this was taken. I wonder if she knew she would give birth to me in that building!

7) "Da Doo Ron Ron" was originally recorded by The Crystals. Can you think of another song that has been a hit by more than one artist?

Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You, sung by her and Whitney Houston and probably others as well.

8) In 1977, when this version of "Da Doo Ron Ron" was popular, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak incorporated Apple. Are you Mac or Android? Mac

9) Random Question: You're exhausted. You collapse into bed and are about to drift into slumber when you hear the drip-drip-drip of the bathroom faucet. Would you kick off the covers and go turn it off? Or would you stay in bed, letting it drip until morning?

I would get up since it would be impossible to go to sleep with the incessant dripping.

10 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Love the charming family snapshots! Is it possible that they were taken by the same person? I ask because they're both right of center.

I'm surprised "I Will Always Love You" didn't occur to me. So popular both times. We even featured it on Sat 9.

kc bob said...

Great stories! Enjoyed the read! You and I must be of the same generation as I graduated in 66. Dripping would drive me crazy too!

Terri D said...

I love the family picture you shared! Those old black and white shots are always interesting, especially the clothing and hair styles! So far, I think everyone says they would get up and fix the dripping faucet! Fun questions today!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That set up at the doctor's office seems unfair because it is!
I think it's time to read those Nancy Drew books!
The dripping would drive me crazy, too.
Lovely snaps and memories you've shared of your parents and your early days. I was born at home, too, with all my mother's family in and out, fetching and carrying things for the doctor.

I am Harriet said...

I love how you shared your photos and the great stories that came with them. I would always think about that penny thing too.

Bev Sykes said...

Love the story of the coins in the leg! Did he know it? My great grandfather apparently walked across the US with only one leg (I assume he had a peg leg too), when my grandmother was very young and her mother had died. When he got to California, he became a teacher.

CountryDew said...

Great stories in your responses. My mom was born above a general store. You don't get birth stories like that much anymore.

Kwizgiver said...

What great responses! :)

Aloha Acres said...

I really loved seeing the family photos and reading a little bit of your history behind them.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Cute meme and may have to link up. Enjoyable answers!