On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Not Born to be Wild Hodgepodge

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. 

1. What color is prominent in your home? Mostly earth tones, ecru, sage, light brown. 

Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it?
I would like to repaint and put down new carpet because it's time, but overall, I am comfortable with the colors. Our house is homey. 


2. What's something you'll NEVER do again? 

Travel outside North America. We've traveled to most every place I wanted to see except for Ireland and Scotland. I still would like to go there, however, because of my DH's health issues, I don't see long distance air travel in our future.



3. Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't.

Hmmmm. I enjoy being a woman and have never wished I had been a guy. I always wanted to be married and have a family. I didn't plan on a career, but when children didn't happen, I ended up working out of necessity both for income and the need to be occupied for 45 years of my life. I am particular about my looks, but not overly concerned to the point of being obsessive. I like to be well groomed, but don't indulge in regular mani-pedis or days at the spa. I like to participate in sports, but am not a fan of spectator sports, such as football. I do like to watch a good baseball game. I like to cook and bake. I like new clothes, but I don't like to shop. I don't like silly romance books or movies, but I sure do love a great love story. 



4. May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. 
Have you ever owned a motorcycle? Yes. Three. 
Ever ridden a motorcycle? Yes, many times. 
If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride? No. 

I have many stories about motorcycles, took the motorcycle course twice, passing both times. I went on a weekend charity ride with my DH from Dallas to Jefferson, Texas. We have had three different motorcycles, including a Harley with a side car, which my DH thought I would enjoy riding in. LOL! I'm glad our motorcycle riding days are over and wish I could convince him to sell the one we have.



5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to?

This is an interesting question and I will enjoy reading the answers of others. Not sure if I am to share the type books I read, what shows I watch or the music I listen to. I read good books, fiction and non, I like biographies, I like to watch good shows that have depth and are decent, and I love to listen to wise people who speak encouraging, uplifting and truthful words. I love books like the Mitford series and Francine Rivers Redeeming Love. Last year we watched a movie called Greater, the true and incredible story of a former Arkansas Razorback football player. Listening to praise and worship music, gospel, bluegrass, or 50's and 60's music lifts my spirits. 

I think I might have to say that since Jesus is the center of my life and most important to me, I would say read the Bible, beginning with the Gospel of John, watch The Case for Christ, and listen to someone like Billy Graham to hear the gospel so that Jesus can be center of your life, too.  You'll find the Bible is filled with stories of imperfect people of who failed many times, but were forgiven, find out how to be born again, and live your life in relationship with Him. 


6.  Insert your own random thought here.

We are in Branson, Missouri right now taking a very short little vacation. I am never able to post photos from my iPad. Wish I could because it sure is pretty here. We are going to go see the Sight and Sound production of Moses this afternoon. 

8 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Sounds like you've done quite a bit of international traveling. That would be exciting! Hope you have a great time at the Sight and Sound production of Moses this afternoon!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Enjoy your little vacation!
Kathy (Reflections)

Linda said...

Giggling over your title this morning. Enjoy your vacation. smiles

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoy your short vacation, Branson is a great place to visit.

Debbie said...

I do so enjoy reading the hodgepodges as it is a great way to get to know each other a little better. I too am anxious to see how people answer number 5. I took it a little different then you did. Enjoy your little vaca!

Melanie said...

Loved reading your Hodge Podge answers. I always feel like I know you even better after reading them!

Dianna said...

You are such a blessing, Connie, and each week I read your answers to the Hodgepodge questions the blessings increase. I loved your answer to #5 this week. Thank you for sharing what is truly important...having Jesus as the center of your life. xx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I would love to travel out of the country again but I just can't stand the long flights. Hope your time in Branson has been fun.