On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Birthday Wish

Yesterday I celebrated 68 years! I remember a line from a song that says, "All the pages of my life testify to the goodness of God." Every. Single. One. That thought triggered my mind to wonder how many pages there have been so far in my life.

At the end of this day, 24,839 days of my life will have passed! Many of those days were wasted in some way, but I pray there might be some good in each one. We can know the number of our days past, but the sum total of them is only known by our Father. Since I wonder sometimes how I reached this ripe old age of 68 without maturing as much as I should have, I pray that the Lord will add a little rapid rise yeast so that my end days will be greater than the former! How is that for a birthday wish?



After Jack's baseball game, we had a mid-afternoon lunch yesterday with Amy, Kate and Jack.

Running from third to Home plate!

Jack gave me an ultimate spinner, which he bought himself, and Kate gave me a dollar of her own money.

Kate demonstrates the Spinner which spins around very fast!
Kids love it!

Amy was an "Indian giver" (I apologize to PC police) and gave back to me the Kindle Paperwhite I had given her for her birthday a while back since she doesn't use hers as much as I use mine.

When I returned home last night from church, these were waiting for me from my precious sister. Thank you, Roberta. So thoughtful!




It was a perfect day in every way and I am thankful for the gift of life, beautiful sunshine and perfect temps, nice breeze, the love I enjoy with people in my life, birthday cards, phone calls, a gift card for a day at the spa, and everything about the day was enjoyed! Topped it off with chocolate chip ice cream at the end of the day. 

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him." Psalm 92:12-15

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble. Psalm 90:12, 14-15

It is good for me that I was afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. Psalm 119:71

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her. Proverbs 3:13-18 (NIV)



7 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration...so much to love! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am just a year behind you (and a few months). Hard to believe we can reach this age and still feel like a little girl inside, isn't it??
Blessings to you...and many many more happy birthdays.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Connie, I love the way you view your "days" and give God the glory for all of them. It sounds like you spent your special day exactly as you wished. Happy Belated Birthday!

Terri D said...

It seems you had a great birthday, and I love all the scriptures you chose to continue the celebration!!

Karen said...

Nonnie, I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday. I know you give so much to your family and your testimony blesses so many.

Melanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, my friend! I'll be right with you this November. You have been such a special blessing to your family and I always love to visit here. Have a blessed day.

Debbie said...

Soo glad you had a nice birthday! Such wisdom you wrote of here, and I LOVE all the scriptures. And I am going to join you in that wish! HUGS to you today!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad your day was perfect. Love the flowers.