1. Pokemon Go. your thoughts? Another time waster? Are you playing? No. Do you even know what it is? Not really, but I have read about accidents happening to people who were playing Pokemon Go ... running into walls, car accidents, injuries and two men actually fell over a 90 foot ocean bluff. This is crazy! Who ever would have thought the use of your phone could be such a distraction as to be dangerous? And more than one person has fallen over cliffs, waterfalls, etc. while taking selfies!
2. What was something you collected as a child? Nothing. Well, every now and again we liked to collect horned toads and put them in a box. Also, the light from fireflies. Do you still have that collection? No.
If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Nothing. Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'? No.
Had I had money as a child, I might have collected books. I loved books and we never had many. I had to check them out from the library or the bookmobile in the summer. When I did have money, I used it to go roller skating or to buy something I thought I needed at the moment. My sister, however, used her money to collect small stuffed animals.
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
The most memorable moments this summer have been times spent with friends and family. Our Monday nights with friends have become a highlight of each week.
Record albums. At first I thought I might invest in the record player that allows you to save the music to CD, but realize that would mean more stacks of CDs which would also collect dust. The fact that I can play anything on YouTube when I'm in the mood or buy the song on iTunes tells me that I should go ahead and get rid of the albums. The question is, do I trash them, give them to Goodwill, or sell them to Half Price books.
The first song that came to mind was Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. I like it, but it isn't my favorite. The real favorite would be Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers!
"Time goes by so slowly, and time can do so much."
Time only goes by so slowly when you are waiting for something! True? In truth, it really goes by too quickly.
I remember the first years of marriage being so happy and in love that each night as we went to bed, I didn't want the day to end. I wanted time to be still and to be able to hold on to it. There are many good songs about time. One Day at a Time seems to be my theme song these days, and at the end of the day, there is a sweet feeling of contentment that we had the gift of another day.
(Okay, so in mentioning songs about time, my DH threw in: "Are You Going to Scarborough Faire? Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme! He makes me laugh!)
Probably the snake in our house. First of all, I was so thankful I happened to discover the thing before it slithered off to a hiding place. Second, that he stayed put while I got my husband to do something about it. Thirdly, that thing just wouldn't die!!!! But at least we got him out of the house and over the fence.
The snake in the garage was the next most frightening!
Somebody call Poison Control! I bit my tongue again!
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? No.
Why or why not?
Why or why not?
I don't like flying that much. There doesn't seem to be anything alive on the moon. The best of making a trip to the moon would be the actual travel there and back, looking out the window at all there is to see in outer space. But I love green and blue and all the other colors on earth ... trees, grass, flowers, lakes, mountains, rivers, people.
Even with all the bad, earth is where I'd rather be until I live on the new earth and Heaven.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am kicking myself because I'm still forgetful when it comes to taking pictures of events. Our Ladies of Grace and Games with Ginger today was a blast! Pictionary, Chicken Coop, Farkle, Bendominoes and Mennonite Madness! We colored, ate snacks, laughed and played! Good times! Ginger throws a fun party! The decorations were so nice and I won a few prizes myself. But I didn't take any pics until I got home. Rats!
I won the magnetic notepad and personal items for
having the highest Farkle score
and the Calla Lily for winning both Bible quizzes!