On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, May 21, 2020

A Red Letter Week!!

Wow! This week has zoomed by and I have been blessed to see many different people. Sunday was spent with my friends around the corner just hanging out watching the kids swim. Monday was busy with work around the house ... busy, busy. Fred and Alice came over and much was accomplished before we went to dinner at Saltgrass! Tada! First restaurant outing a big success!

Tuesday was my excursion with RuthAnn at the Dallas Arboretum.


Wednesday running errands and spending the afternoon with Cindy, Kate and Jack. We had to go to the Malt Shop for milkshakes!!! What a treat! (I confess to having a big cheeseburger!)


And today, Thursday, my friend Kaaren and I attended a memorial service for a friend. It was nice to be able be there for one of my friends whose husband passed away last week. I feel deeply for her as her heart is broken by this sudden loss. It was a lovely service. Kaaren and I went out for brunch after and I thought I would spend the afternoon doing things around the house. 

But, surprise! Cindy and Kate came to visit and what a lovely time we had together. I had brownies and ice cream for them, we just hung out together and then decided to do a drive around looking for a wind spinner that I have been wanting. 


Great day! What will tomorrow bring?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Kind of an up and down week - mostly up. So you seem to be out and about. Good for you.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds like you had a lovely week, but I am truly sorry for the sudden passing of your friend's husband. I am sure you can be a great comfort to her in the coming days and weeks. How wonderful that you have been able to get out and about and be with your family/kids again! That is a real blessing for certain! And spending time with a friend too. That is what we've all been missing during these difficult days, but I believe brighter days are on the horizon for us. Praying it will stay that way. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend. So happy to see you back here in blogland again. I miss seeing you!

Theresa said...

It is so encouraging to see others who are out and about and spending time with their families (and no masks). Our area was hit hard so not seeing that yet. I did notice lots of people at the state park and beach but with social distancing and many wearing masks. I would have ordered a cheeseburger too, one of my favorites! Have a great weekend :)

Terri D said...

It is so nice reading about people getting out of the house and spending time with loved ones again!! It is past time for us to be getting back to some normalcy. That cheeseburger and the milkshakes sound SO good!!

Cathy said...

What a perfect week, getting to be with friends and family and to actually eat out. I think our restaurants are starting to open up around here too. Maybe this weekend we'll hit one (don't know yet). So sorry for your friends loss, but so glad you and your friend were able to go to the service.

I'm wanting a wind spinner too...I've been checking on Amazon so far. I found one I really like, but it may be a little more expensive than I want to spend, so I'll be looking a little longer.

Have a great weekend!