On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Wednesday Medley

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

1.  Wednesday, December 19, 2018, is National Hard Candy Day! So the first question today is to ask if you enjoy hard candy, especially the kind we usually see during this festive time of year?  What is your favorite?  Which hard candy brings up the best memories for you if any?

No hard candy for me. But I do recall bowls of the stuff, especially the ribbon hard candy around the house at Christmas time and in the little brown bags we received at church. Those bags held an apple, an orange, a variety of nuts for cracking, and lots of hard candy. I put peppermint candy canes on our tree for the kids (and Jason)!




Give me something with dark chocolate, baby! Fudge!

2.  Holiday shopping!  Are you finished? If you could spend an entire day in just one store, which one would it be and why?

I have finished my Christmas shopping, which I did online. Now all I need to do is wrap gifts and I will do that this weekend. To spend an entire day in a store would not be my idea of fun. Maybe a department store in which I could browse around different departments. Or maybe the Nebraska Furniture Mart which might take all day to look through. Lots of goodies to see there. 





This place is GINORMOUS!

3.  What holiday dessert describes you and why? 

It might be the pecan pie, which is nutty, some flakiness, and simple ingredients that come together in a fairly nice way ...vanilla, syrup, butter and sugar . Not too sweet, not tart, just plain old everyday ingredients, a little crusty on the outside and soft in the center, but firm in my beliefs. (I really don't like describing myself like this, so maybe just leave it at nutty.)

4.  What is your least favorite holiday side dish? 

will pass on anything gelatin. 

5.  Now be real!! There is one on almost every tree. What is the ugliest tree ornament you have ever seen? 

Honestly, I can't say I've seen any ugly ornaments that I can think of right now. 


This is my little Jesse tree I'm working on for Advent.

6.  Tell us something random about your week!!

It's been a great week so far! Kate and Jack stayed with us Saturday night. We saw the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet which was a fast moving kind of show and went to church afterward. I did a lot of running around on Monday just getting things on my list done and had a doctor appointment, too. Tuesday morning was our Ladies of Grace Bible study Christmas brunch, which was a great success! So much fooood! And sooooo very festive. And sooooo good! Because I wanted to make sure I didn't leave anyone out so I took a bunch, but I will share just a few here. We have a great group of ladies.







Our fearless leader, Janice and her daughter.

All our ladies are special, but these three with me are in that
very, very special category and close to my heart.

I counted 30 ladies there today, which was a good turnout.

We are having our Snow Fest event at church this Friday and I am going to help there. It should be interesting and so far, over 3,000 people have indicated interest. 


11 comments:

Joyce said...

I love dessert but that was a hard question! Sounds like lots of festivity in your week. Enjoy your Snow Event and have a wonderful Christmas and new year!

Karen said...

I was thinking about that colorful hard candy this morning. It is so pretty in a candy dish.

Stacy said...

I have a friend who hates jello with anything chunky in it. It's become sort of a thing among her friends to try and find the grossest jello salad ever made...and we have found some pretty awful ones! LOL

I enjoyed your answers and photos. Have a blessed and happy Christmas!

Mevely317 said...

Now I'm wanting me a slice of pecan pie! My mother's recipe called for shredded coconut, as well; but I've not been able to find it in any of her books or on-line. I think our church gave away the same stockings as what you describe! I was forever trying to swap my yukky orange for more nuts.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree I don't like hard candy either. So you are a pecan pie - I love pecan pies! I agree I don't think there is really an ugly ornament. I loved to see your bible study group - I have had a couple too - I have been eating way too much. I love your haircut there. Very nice. sandie

Cranberry Morning said...

Sounds like nice, Christmassy stuff going on there. I love pecan pie, especially if it's not too sweet. My mother in law made a great one! I think I agree on the gelatin dishes. :-)

Lori said...

I love your pictures! How fun!
Your pecan pie answer made me giggle. Loved your answers! Have a great week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So happy for you to have the ladies' group at your church. Looks like a wonderful group of ladies. I attended our church's ladies' Christmas gathering last week, and didn't think to take any pictures. It was my first time visiting them, and I enjoyed being there, so hope to go again next month. Pecan pie-your description of you is so cute. Great analogy. What, no gelatin? No jello? Yikes...I love jello dishes of all kinds...sorry. My gifts are slowly trickling in each day. I told the fed ex guy today that we were getting to be "old friends". He's quite young, however. LOL. I hope to start wrapping this weekend also. I put it off as long as I can, and then it is a marathon.
Merry Christmas dear sweet friend!! Crusty and nutty, but sweet!! That sounds a lot like me too. LOL

Terri D said...

Several people used pie as their dessert answer. I could have used that "nutty" answer too! LOL Thanks so much for joining in with today's Medley! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Sajjao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joyful said...

A beautiful bunch of ladies at your church. Have a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones and friends. xx