On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Greatest Gift

I am reading from three different Advent devotions this months, but this one by Ann Voscamp is my favorite, although I must say that Shereadstruth.org is running a very close second to it. This book I just happened to pick up on the free table in our Ladies of Grace Bible study one day at a most appropriate time! 


And the beginning of the book mentioned the ornaments to put on the Christmas tree each day as you read. Well, of course, I was captivated by that and had to check it out online. It was very disappointing for me to discovery the nice set of ornaments made a purchase cost-prohibitive. 

I kept sneaking over to Google trying to see if they were on sale and lo and behold, today I discovered there were other options of these other than the paper ornaments offered. One I found through Etsy was priced reasonably and I checked with the maker of the handmade ornaments to see how long it will take to receive. I don't want it after Christmas. You know I want it NOW! She told me she had one set ready that she could ship tomorrow!!! And after that, she would be suspending all sales until after January! It was meant to be. I am so excited to get these ornaments for my little tree upstairs and the book and ornaments will be something I can gift Kate maybe after I'm gone!


5 comments:

Terri D said...

Serendipity!! (I love that word!)

Chatty Crone said...

I call it a God Wink!

Annsterw said...

That is wonderful! It truly was meant to be!!! There are definitely NO coincidences! Hugs

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love when that happens.
I'm in love with them! You have to tell me who you bought them from.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I found them, the book and the ornaments!!!!