On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Foto Friends

I realize we are already into the second day of March, but a friend posted this on Facebook and I think it is so sweet and love the little animals.



We have had sooooooo much rain over the past ten days or so. It's just crazy soppy and every time I walk into the back yard, my feet sink into the grass. Last night this little stinker refused to go in the pouring rain and in trying to coax force  her to do so, I slipped and fell on my backside. I confess I was pretty upset and yelled kinda loud. Here is Annie trying to make up with me.

"Please, pretty please can I sit on your lap
even if I wouldn't go outside in the rain and
even if I am a little wet and might even have muddy feet?"

I forgot to record in February a little get-together with these former co-workers. We enjoyed ourselves so much and were wishing we had allotted more time for our visit. Kay, the one with the dark framed glasses and gray sweater, supervised the other three of us in this pic and we gave her fits sometimes, I think. She loved us though, always allowed for grace and forgiveness and I learned much from her about being a servant. She is suffering now with that dread C word, and so we felt it was time for a reunion. A blessed time it was and laughter was hearty and plentiful.


Texas Tulips
Row upon row of beauty

 Looking forward to visiting the Dallas Arboretum soon

Signs of spring around this area of North Texas. I expect to see redbuds any day and daffodils as well.

She is face-timing a little love with her Daddy. Sweet!!

And a little brotherly-sisterly love!


We have been using Hello Fresh for a few months now and I've been saving these small glass jars which they use to supply condiments. Since I'm getting quite a collection here, I asked if anybody had a use for them and got several good suggestions. Some of the ideas were practical, some fun and a couple of funny ones.

  • Take off labels. Sand the top and spray paint the lid (outside only) Use E6000 to glue a little knob to the top. Cute little storage container.
  • Fill with Coconut oil & oil of choice!
  • Party favors, filled with candy.
  • If a chap stick breaks, I put it in a jar like that with a tiny bit of coconut oil and 2-3 drops peppermint oil. New lip balm!
  • Store different sizes of nails, tacks, things like that in the garage on a shelf.
  • Finger paint: Stir 4 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 cup cornstarch together. Add 2 cups of cold water and heat over medium heat until the mixture is thick (the mixture will further thicken as it cools). Divide into four or more containers, and add food coloring as desired.
  • Pamela Steiner said she used to keep some to use for salad dressing in my lunch box for work. It held just enough salad dressing for one salad! I also use one for some spices that I mix...homemade Taco seasoning...I don't make a big recipe of it because I don't use it that often, but this little container seemed to work just fine for what I had mixed.
  • Barbie sized fish bowl or cookie jar. Haha!!

A beautiful sunrise this morning from a friend visiting Crystal Beach in Galveston.

















11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Loving all the suggestions you got for the jars-I would order the meals just to get the little jars, I think. lol

Those are great pictures and praying for your old supervisor as she deals with cancer. Cancer begone! xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

A happy place today - friends - flowers - babies - sunshine - all things to be grateful from God - right? I loved it - have a nice weekend. sandie

Cathy said...

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell. Poor little puppy wants mommy to forgive her. lol

Love that beautiful sunrise and all the pretty flowers. You've brightened my day.

Annie said...

Hope you are okay after the fall! Annie looks concerned.
The baby doing face time is precious!!!

Karen said...

Your photos are perfect for welcoming March. In like a lion yesterday, but beautiful today!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Praying for your friend with cancer. It's so hard to see our loved ones and friends go through this. So happy you were able to spend this time together. Glad you weren't hurt in the slip and fall you took. I know how scary that can be, and then just plain embarrassing! Love the sweet baby/babies...always precious. Glad you got some good ideas for the little jars. I have several that came with honey or jelly in restaurants, etc. I may use a few of your other ideas for mine since I don't need mine to take salad dressing to work anymore!! Love your pictures of flowers and springtime. Such a happy time. Thank you for sharing!!!

Dianna said...

I'm so sorry, Connie, to learn of your friend's cancer. It is good to have those reunions now because who knows what tomorrow will bring, apart from God? And those tulips! Beautiful! I think tulips are so pretty but seeing that many of them at one time is just gorgeous! And those sweet babies...loved both pictures. :) xx

Terri D said...

Those photos of the kiddos are SO precious! I will add your coworker to my prayer list. Sorry you fell in the rain but glad you didn't get hurt too badly. I would also try to find a use for those sweet little jars! Let us know what you decide to do!

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh mercy.. I hope the fall didn't hurt you too badly. Ouch! At least your fur baby was remorseful. ☺ Flowers are trying to bloom here, too, after such unseasonably warm temps a couple of weeks ago. Praying the freezing temps right now won't kill the buds that are ready to burst wide open! Hope you have a great weekend... thanks so much for sharing and linking up! 💜

Karen said...

Glad you are doing better and enjoying the spring-like weather. The tulip and daffodils pics are lovely, and also the photos of the little ones.

Creations By Cindy said...

What lovely pictures. That baby face timing her daddy stole my heart. So sorry to hear about your friend. The flowers are beautiful. Hugs and blessing, Cindy