On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Top of the Morning Hodgepodge


1. Best place you've been lately?

I haven't really been anywhere outside of the norm, but I guess being home has been a great place to be lately.

2. What's something you should say yes to today?

Staying home and getting a few things done. No obligations the next few days other than preparing a lesson for our Bible study next week. I am looking forward to  having time for that.
Or this week? Or even this year?
How about yes to renewing my routine of walking when the weather improves! I saw this on Facebook this week and thought it was cute!



3. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form? If so tell us how.

No. If I'm going somewhere, I might wear green. The very first job I had was very into St. Patrick's day, due to the president being Irish. He always threw a party for the company and expected everybody to drink green Irish whiskey. That didn't go down well for me and so I just set my glass on a windowsill. Yuck!

In Western cultures the color green is typically associated with jealousy, nature, good luck, and growth. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'green'?
Spring, trees, grass, green thumb, green with envy, environment.


Dining at the Tavern on the Green in NYC

4. What's a product or service you love so much you'd happily be their spokesperson?
Right now, I'm liking Hello Fresh!Tell us what makes you such a fan. The meals are simple and quick to prepare. 20 to 30 minutes average. All the ingredients come packed in a cold pack box delivered to my front door, each meal's ingredients are bagged separately, the meats are good and cold, and we haven't had a bad meal yet. Makes planning meals for the week easy, and the cost is less per person than eating out.

5. March 14th is Pi Day. How are your math skills? Boo! What's the last thing you did that required math of any kind? Working in the checkbook.

And most importantly do you like pie? Yes!
What's your favorite kind?
Coconut cream pie or warm cherry pie with ice cream. With ice cream, whipped cream, or please hold the cream?

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Lately, the press 'n seal wrap is irritating me, so I would not be a good spokesperson for Glad. Not Glad ... mad! So I saw these huge rolls of plastic wrap at Costco and they have a special zipper-like tool for cutting the sheets. I could not figure the thing out, so last night when our Monday night group was over, I got the ladies to work on it, while the guys tried to sync our new car with the garage door opener.




Too funny watching them work on this and we all got tickled and laughed so hard, I think one of them may have laughed too hard, if you get my drift. Anyway, they finally figured it out and turns out I had it right the first time.

And the guys determined our new car didn't come with a button for automatic garage door opener! It's hard to believe the premier version of our car doesn't have that!

I'm getting all kinds of things accomplished around this house with a little help of my friends!





Yes, they lift me up!



13 comments:

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

We used Hello Fresh for a while and enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed not having to plan a menu and shopping. So glad this is there for you. What great friends you have and I could just about imagine the fun you ladies had trying to figure out that roll. And so sorry about the garage door opener. I thought all cars have that these days. But, a remote will still get the job done. Enjoy your week. We are headed that way on the 23rd for granddaughter's performance in "Sound of Music" at Willow Bend.

Allstarme79 said...

I considered one of those meal service things but my family is so not open to new taste adventures!

Cathy said...

The older I get the more I enjoy just being home with my husband and my pup.

Sounds like you have some pretty wonderful friends!

Hope you have a great day.

maddie/cadesmimi said...

I'm with you on St. Patrick's Day. Not my favorite day, at all! (and green Irish whiskey...Yuk!)
Looks like your friends had a good time helping figure things out :)
Kathy (Reflections)

Karen said...

We have never celebrated St Patricks Day either. But the story of St Patrick is interesting. Enjoy your week!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I wear green on St. Patrick's day...that's about it! Love that your friends are there for you to help with "the little things". Love the pictures of all of you. Looks like a loving, friendly group!! I also noticed you use the same kind of dishcloth as I do! Isn't that funny? I buy that kind because I can bleach them. We have well water, and also I drink a lot of tea, and it seems that tea stains my dishcloths so much, but I can bleach them in the sink and clean the sink at the same time, so that is why I buy that particular style! Of all things to notice in your pictures! LOL. I feel like I was right there figuring out your plastic wrap with you. I know the problem. bugs me too. Happy St. Paddy's day!! (Saturday). (I wore green today to our Bible Study, just in case. No one seemed to notice, however.) LOL.

Carla from The River said...

The time with your friends looks and sounds like a great time. I love laughing with friends like you just shared with us.
xx oo
Carla

Terri D said...

How great to have such good friends who will help with both small and large jobs! Laughter is the best tool sometimes! Several friends here in Blogland as well as friends here in town are using the packaged meals and all have good luck with them. Even Walmart is doing them now. I may have to give a few a try and see how they suit us!

Dianna said...

I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge this week, Connie. What a wonderful group of folks you have surrounding you. Glad you have some days where you don't have anything pressing you and you can relax. Plastic wrap can be really good OR REALLY bad. Glad that the ladies had such fun trying to figure out yours. What a wonderful way to spend an evening...laughing with good friends.

Unknown said...

Time with friends is just loverly and the thing I love the most. I guess when you don't get to see anyone but Hubby for a long time, getting together with friends is AWESOME.

Chatty Crone said...

I have never tried Hello Fresh so it is good? Interesting. I don't like coconut! My favorite is pumpkin. Well I have a little Irish in me so Happy St. Pat's Day. sandie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Nothing wrong with home being the best place! Love your joke about the gym. We haven't tried any of those home delivery service but my son and daughter in law use them all the time. There is a new one with just salads that I want to try. Enjoyed your random.

Karen said...

Like you, I am trying to get back to walking (between the rain showers!)