1. The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently?
Tears are good, the beach would be wonderful if I lived near one, so sweat has to work for me. If I get busy when I'm down, I feel much better. It helps get my mind off the trouble and I accomplish something at the same time. Win-win! But still ...
2. What's something you can't eat without salt? I guess any recipe that calls for salt.
Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all? I don't salt my food at the table.
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now?Some days I wish I could bury my head in the sand and not see and listen to what's going on in the world. So thankful that my little world is peaceful and I don't have to bury my head.
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
Sittin' on the dock of the Bay by Otis Redding. And, oh my goodness, this song just came to mind. I wonder if anybody out there remembers this song!
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
I pretty much ran my day, although a doctor's appointment was in control for a few hours, but it was worth it.
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
A few years ago, I would have been on the jet ski or snorkeling. These days, sitting on the beach chair or lounging on a blanket on the sand soaking up the sun is wonderful.
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
Each other. Everything. And clean drinking water.
8. Insert your own random thought here.The marches for women over the weekend were troubling and hateful, to say the least.
It makes me very sad to think what our grandchildren will face in the future.
I'm still experimenting with my new Kitchen Aid mixer and tonight made Yogi's Tasty Buns. Drum roll! This was by far the easiest dough I have worked with in my attempts and the rolls were good. Next time I will make them smaller.
According to this list, I am on the right course in learning about caregiving.
I hope this is readable.
Signing off for now with these thoughts from the Apostle Paul.