On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, August 1, 2016

Blue Monday in August

Happy August and Happy Blue Monday.

photo credit

If there is such a thing as a month or months of most memorable memories, May, August and October would be those months for me. Many important events in life seem to have occurred in those months more than others. I will say though, in my life, the awesome memories far outweigh the sad and grievous times. 

I was thinking the other day about the Scripture in Psalm 90 praying that the Lord would "Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble." For me, I believe the joys and the gladness of our lives (most of us) have far exceeded the number of days that we have been afflicted with trouble, trials, sadness and griefs we have experienced. And what awaits us in Heaven is endless, absolutely endless delights of joy, true joy, that will never, ever end. The tears will be wiped away and all those things forgotten. They will have been worked together for our good to conform to the image of our Savior who suffered for the JOY that was ahead. 



So as I look at the month of August ahead and remember the sad days, I recall the joyful ones as well.

One of those happy times was in August, 1981, when my niece Robyn was born to my sister Roberta. It was a most exciting day for us because she was the first of the grandchildren for my parents. When she was three weeks old, I went to stay with Roberta and help with the new baby. How well I remember looking at her in the bassinet and thinking to myself what a huge responsibility lay there for my sister and her husband. A fragile, vulnerable human being to care for!

But what a special time that was. We had such fun holding her, dressing her, and walking her in the stroller in the house and outside. The weather was very unusual for that time in August and we were blessed with refreshing, cooler days!

Me holding Robyn


 Sorry your whole head doesn't show here, Roberta, but your pretty face does. 

Proud Dad


The growing up years


Robyn grew up to be a lovely woman who cares for and about others. She was a great tennis player and her ability as a golfer gained her a scholarship to college. Since graduating, she has been a registered nurse and later obtained her master's degree in nursing.



We are proud of you, Robyn, and I wish you a happy birthday this Wednesday. My prayer for you is that you will have the desires of your heart as you follow the Lord. You are a blessing.



Linking up today with Jeanne at Backyard Neighbor for Blue Monday.



9 comments:

Debbie said...

LOVED this post, and especially the poem. Sooo true. Happy birthday to your beautiful niece! I can see why she has brought so much joy and pride!
!

Linda said...

What a beautiful HAPPY post...Happy Birthday wishes to your niece. smiles

Linda said...

What a sweet post of a treasured loved one! She is, indeed, very special. Nurses are as angels in my mind!

Terri D said...

That is most definitely a happy memory for the month of August! Your niece is beautiful. Love the scripture.

Karen said...

Thank you for those scripture promises and the poem. Wonderful memories of Robyn.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a sweet post. Loved all the photos. Hope your having a nice week.....

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Robyn. A beautiful tribute to a sweet lady.

Aloha Acres said...

Happy Birthday to your Robyn. I love stories from happy families. They are too few and far between these days

Jill said...

Such a lovely post! Happy birthday Robyn!

Blessings,
Jill