Are you ready for some Hodgepodge?
It's that time again! Join in the fun with your answers to her questions and link back to From This Side of the Pond. Thank you, Joyce!
1. Are you comfortable with silence? Yes, I am quite comfortable with silence.
If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Silence is golden.
Do you seek out times and places to be silent? Early morning. I can also do quiet afternoons or evenings.
What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent? My favorite chair with a cup of coffee and my Bible or other book.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?
With the choices you listed, a slice of chocolate pie sounds really good right now. Outside of your list, a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge, or a couple of squares of my favorite Ghiradelli sea salt and almond dark chocolate!
No meringue, please.
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I like blue jeans if they are a good fit with a little stretch in them. I probably wear jeans three times a week. I don't know why, but I do not have a blue jean jacket. Well, really I do know why ... jackets bother me and make me feel confined.
4. Are you superstitious? No, but ...
If so, in what way? My mom always told us not to tell our dream before breakfast because it might come true. Truth is, if I wait until after breakfast, I can't remember what I dreamt! (Is it hard for anybody else to use that word? I usually rearrange my sentence when needing to use the word dreamt!)
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
I could put on my tackiest pj's and go as a Wal-Mart person. Or my Spider-Man shirt with some black leggings - that's the best I could do. Either could be pretty scary.
6. What scares you a little? All the stuff we have in our house, attics, sheds and garages. I fear the day will come when I have to handle getting rid of it all myself.
What do you do when you feel scared? Pray.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I begin the task of clearing stuff out of the attic so DH can haul it off somewhere.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am looking forward to getting my hour back this weekend when the clocks are turned back. I always resent moving them forward in the Spring because it messes me up for a week. Now, turning them back may also mess me up, but I still enjoy that "extra" hour early in the morning. Or the night before, I can turn it back and pretend we are actually staying up late like other folks.
One year, many, many moons ago, my husband and I forgot to "fall back." We were so confused on that Sunday because everything on TV was off schedule and we chalked it up to football games delaying programming. The next morning we stopped at our favorite donut place and were curious as to why nobody else was there. We discovered then, DUH, our boo-boo. So we went on in to work an hour early (without the usual Dallas traffic) and promised ourselves we would turn our clocks back that evening. We forgot, of course!
Next morning was a BIG Election Day, and guess who was there bright and very early? When someone finally showed up, they asked if we were the volunteers to help out. NO! Big DUH! We are here to vote. Sheesh! This time we were close enough to go home, have another cup of coffee, and CHANGE THE CLOCKS before going back to vote.
When Daylight Savings Time and Presidential Election Days coincide!!