On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

Here are my answers to this week's Hodgepodge from From this Side of the Pond.

And I'm late! But I will not sweat the small stuff!!

1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain.

In my failures, I have learned what not to do. My successes encourage me to keep on doing what I’m doing.

2. What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up?

On my Mother’s side, it was Granny and Grandad. On my Dad’s side, it was Grandma and Grandpa. My great grandmother was called Grandma Sanders.

If you have children, what did they call your parents?

Grandma June, Grandma Millie.

 If you have grandchildren, what do they call you?

To Brady and Noah, we are Papa and Nonnie.
To Kate and Jack, we are Nonnie and Grandpa.

3. You're invited to a luau. In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share?

Hot pineapple salad.

4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about?


Joni Eareckson Tada comes to mind. She has been a great example of perseverance, patience, gentleness, compassion, and has grasped the knowledge of God’s sovereignty in our lives and made it real to others.  Joni also has made a HUGE  difference in our society for the handicapped, much more than people ARE AWARE.

5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree?


Agree for the most part, and it depends on what the small stuff is.

Why?
If you sweat it, sometimes the small stuff can become the big stuff. But sometimes the small stuff is big stuff.


6. June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river?
About 4 years ago - rafting on the Colorado river.

What's the prettiest river you've ever seen?  
I think it was the Rhein, but I did love the Yellowstone River.

What's a river you'd like to see?  

I think I would like to see the Potomac because I would like to go to Washington, D.C.

7. Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose.


If it is a river surrounded by mountains in Colorado, Montana or Wyoming, I would choose fishing.

8. It’s a rainy, beautiful day here today and I’m wondering what choices I will make with the things I have to do on this day. Trying not to sweat the small stuff. Still feeling bad about the incident that happened a couple of days ago with one of our neighbor’s little dogs, which was killed by a bobcat. This family is from another culture and doesn’t understand that you don’t leave family pets outside ALL the time. They must be cared for in the hot weather, the freezing temperatures, and loved, not ignored. And, in our neighborhood, which backs up to the corps of engineers property and the lake, there are wild animals, such as bobcats, coyotes, hawks, and other creatures out there to be aware of. In a conversation with them, I explained that I never let Trudy out after dark or early morning, and if I do, I am there with her. Trying not to be Mrs. Kravitz!

And, I’m glad this isn’t a test, because I’m not that pleased with my answers! ;-) But I do enjoy reading other people’s answers. J

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have never heard of hot pineapple - but I think we are all bringing some pineapple just in case the luau food isn't good! And Joni E. Tada is another good answer. And I like to be =called grandma. Glad you joined up. sandie

Sweet Tea said...

Joni Tada is a GREAT answer.
Amazing woman!!

Shelly said...

I would love to know your recipe for the hot pineapple- sounds really good! And I've loved Joni for a long time. She's simply amazing~

nancygrayce said...

I love Joni too! I met her a a conference one time and was just amazed at her!

My grands call me Nana and my husband Pappy.

Sad about the dog being killed.......we have coyotes at some property we own and I wouldn't ever let my little dogs run around there or they would just be one bite!

Bobbie said...

Aww so sad about the dog :-( I love the book, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff. It helped me to think about things in a different way. Hope you are having a good week!

Melanie said...

I like Joni Erickson Tada too! Hot Pineapple Salad sounds interesting, I love pineapple, will you share the recipe?

Geneva said...

Thought provoking questions and I thought your answers were great. Just another glimpse into your world (loved it)
Blessings!
Geneva