Please join Joyce at From This Side of the Pond
1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings...are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
Yesirree! Our grandson, Noah, and granddaughter, Kate, will both be celebrating the big "5" this summer! Noah’s birthday party will be on a party boat at the lake! Not quite the size of Noah’s Ark, but it will be big. And, after vacation, later in the summer, all of our family will gather at a rented lake house for our annual family fun.
2. June is National Iced Tea Month...are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)?
I would love to have some of my Mama’s sweet tea again. I only drink iced tea occasionally these days, but don’t sweeten it because it just never tastes the same.
3. When were you last nervous? Looking back, was the 'event' actually nerve-worthy?
Last Sunday before our Life Group at church. Probably not really nerve-worthy, but it always makes me a little nervous to stand before my peers as “teacher.” Pray, take a deep breath, and once I get started, no problem, but it’s something that usually messes with me beforehand.
4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498...not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist? Do you see your dentist twice a year?
Only rate a #1. Definitely see my dentist twice a year and if insurance would allow, would go 4 times a year. I don’t mind the preventative measures because I’ve kind of grown fond of my teeth and don't want to lose them. I’ve only had one bad experience with a dentist.
5. What's making news in your town this week?
Top Golf! They are building one in our town.
6. Curtains, drapes, blinds...your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven't gotten around to covering them?
I like shutters and sheer curtains. We have custom drapes in our living areas which are only drawn when temperatures are extreme. The bedroom drapes are heavy and dark because DH takes naps during the day. One bedroom only has blinds because I have never gotten around to covering the window, but it’s fine with me for now.
7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)...what one song is a must-have on your summer playlist?
Maybe “Groovin’” on a Sunday afternoon, by the Young Rascals. It always takes me back to warm days and good times.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had lunch today with my Tuesday morning Bible study group.
|Some of our lovely Ladies of Grace|
(I see naughty Kaaren with her tongue out!)
After lunch I went over to see my friends and former co-workers and deliver a couple of easels to one of them.
For the past couple of weeks, DH and I have been spending time with our dear friends, Fred and Alice, who are visiting here from Florida, just having fun being together almost every day, eating, and getting together with other mutual friends. It’s so pleasant to be able to relax in their company - wishing they still lived here. Tonight we are staying in to watch a movie together and then will make blueberry waffles. Yum.
(Another summer song (but not a favorite) from the 60’s came to mind this morning as I headed out - Summer in the City ('cause it’s hot in Texas). And Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer by Nat King Cole. Our youth group would stand around the rinky-tink player piano at my girlfriend's house and sing it so enthusiastically, ALWAYS leaving out the word "beer." Not allowed to sing about beer. In looking back, I guess it was okay singing about girls in bikinis!)