On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Monday, October 29, 2012

Like Water Under a Bridge ... and other excuses

 
for failing to memorialize life events with more consistency.
 
Life is moving waaayyyy too quickly.
I think everyone else is feeling this "time is whizzing by" feeling.
 
Once it's gone, it is like water under the bridge and
never to return.
How other bloggers manage to write every day is beyond me!
There are lots of good things we enjoy,
but I just haven't taken the time to sit down at the computer to and share.
 
These past few weeks we have
taken our motorcycle ride to Jefferson, Texas,
 
 
I held off on blogging about this waiting for pics
from the professional photographer who was also on the ride.
(Guessing he got bogged down with life and other things.)
 
We made a quick trip to Oklahoma for a reunion with members
of my church from the sixties,
Sweet memories there.
This lady's memory of me is that
every week I requested we sing the same song.
She sounded somewhat annoyed about that.
Why on earth would she remember such a thing?
This young man was our youth leader
and the beautiful lady, Sandi, was our friend and neighbor.
I babysat for her sweet daughter, Delana.
Sandi must have been a child herself. ;-)
 
Those were really good times.
It was on my heart to talk about the impact these wonderful people
had on my life, but I didn't, did I?
So important to realize the influence
we have on others for positive or negative.
 
 
Fun with the family at Lake Granbury,
 
 
 
Then another speedy week-end trip to Oklahoma City to see Les Mis,
 
What a great show!
 
A trip to Austin to watch Brady and Noah play soccer.
Exceptionally handsome guys!
 
Fun with iPads
 
A big birthday for Dear Heart,
and our 25th wedding anniversary.
Heading in to Grandpa's favorite
Greek restaurant.
Kate's manners were impeccable.
 
In between?
More foundation problems to deal with, but life made sweeter with
Bible studies, lots of visits with our sweet Kate and Jack,
 
 
 
 
a couple of visits from niece Robyn,
 
Yes, I think she is trying to round them up!
 
special times with friends.
 
Finally, Dear Heart has been busy with this.
 
 
Dear Heart's windmill
made from scratch!
He did a good job, I think.
 
 The month of October is almost over.
Everybody has posted their Fall, Halloween, and pumpkin pics but me.
So, here goes.
These were taken at the Dallas Arboretum.
Cinderella's Pumpkin House
(Or was that Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater?)
 
Her pumpkin tree
 
Cinderella's Horses and Carriage
(the horses are made entirely from grass
and other kinds of straw and stubble.)
 
Last, but not least:
I think this is where "Monster Mash" came from!
 

12 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You have been really busy! I agree and I tell you life has gone by so fast - I can't believe it. It is almost Christmas you know what I mean? sandie

Sweet Tea said...

No wonder you've not blogged about these things sooner - you've been one busy gal!! I know what you mean about time. Don't you wish there was a "pause" button?! I do!!

NanaDiana said...

wow, Nonnie- I am just back after taking a blogging break and you had a LOT more fun than I did! What a busy time you have had in the past few weeks. I think it is hysterical that the lady remembered you wanted to sing the same song every week- She remembered it because it bugged her so much-How funny is THAT? Poor thing...nothing else to think about, I guess. Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

Wanda said...

What a whirlwind...but so nice to join you via your great pictures.

I loved the pictures and the little captions you've added just makes me feel a part of the trip. Thanks for that personal touch.

yaya said...

Well, all that fun was worth the blog wait! Sounds wonderful and I seeing and playing with the Grandkiddos is always a treat. Happy anniversary too! Hope you have a fun and scary Halloween!

Jill said...

Great pictures! Looks like you've been quite busy too :-) I also feel like time is just flying by.

Have a great week!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful photos, I lost you for a bit but i found you now, I have joined to follow again, you have a beautiful family , my husband would love that windmill!!

Unknown said...

amazing photos. family=LOVE

Parsley said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'm in Oklahoma and don't think I take advantage of all the fun to be had at my backdoor.

Wanda said...

What a great photo tour... one busy lady you are!!!

Kay G. said...

You have been busy, and here comes Thanksgiving and Christmas, busy times never stop! :-)
Bless you.

Susie said...

Nonnie, I loved the pictures...it looks as if you have been busy...having fun too. Happy anniversary, may you have many more years of love. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours. xoxo, Susie