On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Ooh La La!! Saturday 9




Saturday 9: Ooh La La (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. I guess I've yet to hear any of Britney Spears' songs. 

1) "Ooh la la" is defined as an interjection said when you think someone or something is "surprising, unusual or attractive." Looking back over this week, did you come across anything that deserves an "ooh la la?"

I think I can say "ooh la la" often when I see the beautiful sunsets and the wonderful rain we've been enjoying!!


Ooh la la!!

2) In this song, Britney Spears sings that she's eager to accompany you, even if you're not a millionaire. But let's say you suddenly become really rich. What's the first leisure trip you would take with your new funds? 
I would take my husband on a river cruise. Who would you bring along? I would invite all our family to come! Reserve the whole boat!

3) Britney is eager to dance with you, even if you don't wear designer clothes. Let's say you need to add a blouse (or shirt) to your wardrobe. Where's your go-to for clothes shopping? Chico’s. The clothes fit my body and my taste, and I feel comfortable shopping in there.

4) The video begins with Britney at the movies with her two young sons. Will you be seeing any family members this weekend? Maybe, I won’t know until then.

5) This is a theme from the movie Smurfs 2. A Smurf is a little blue creature who lives in a mushroom-shaped house in the forest. Assuming that your home is not shaped like a mushroom and isn't in the forest, how would you describe your abode? (Mansion, ranch house, farm house, high-rise, igloo ...) Simple two story with big back yard and nice view of lake and wooded area behind.








All the ooh la la sunsets and sunrises.


6) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. What bad habit do you wish you could break? Biting my lips and picking at my cuticles.

7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking over your working life, have you been more nervous on your first day of a job, or the last one? I usually did fine with first days, focusing on concentrating but the last day of my last job, I was a little nervous about going into retirement.

8) Also in 2013, golfer Phil Mickelson won the British Open. When did you most recently golf? Umm, 2006, our son Jason took me golfing. I suspect he may have been bribed by DH, but we had a good time.



Almost forgot about Top Golf!


9) Random question -- On what part of your body was the last itch you scratched? My ankle ... the mosquitoes like me. And now, just thinking about it makes me want to scratch.


15 comments:

Jodi said...

A river cruise sounds perfect!! Love the sunsets!! Have a great Saturday!

Mevely317 said...

I've enjoyed many an ocean cruise, but never a river 'ride.' Not sure it will ever happen, but still it remains on my bucket list. Say7, wouldn't it be great fun to arrange a blogger cruise?

CountryDew said...

A river cruise sounds like fun. I hope you get to go on one soon.

Toni said...

Love all your Ooh La Las Nonnie. The photos are beautiful and your pet is adorable. Have a lovely weekend.

annie said...

Gorgeous sunset photos!!! The cruise sounds wonderful and I think I would enjoy that as well.
I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

The Gal Herself said...

Chico's does have some lovely pieces. I wonder why I always forget about them when I need to add to my closet?

A river cruise hadn't occurred to me, either. You have some great answers this week!

Chatty Crone said...

I would love to go on a river cruise.

Can't say I really like Britney Spears.

I think of oh la la when I saw your beautiful photos God painted and your wonderful grandchildren.

sandie

Lori said...

I am getting ready to go shopping for an outfit to wear to a wedding. I will have to keep Chicos in mind.
That puppy makes me think oohlala too! So cute! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

Yes, a river cruise with the whole family and no one else sounds amazing. I also like Chico's clothes and make it a matter of habit to stop at the Chico outlet in Illinois on the way home. Their summer clothes there make nice fall and winter items down here. I really enjoyed your answers this week.

Schotzy said...

I do think a Rhine River cruise would be my second choice for the next year.. We've been looking at them... but that million needs to appear pretty soon. I will be too old to go!

Stacy said...

What gorgeous sunsets God's been treating you to! I think I would be content to sit in your backyard (covered in bug spray) and watch the show night after night!

Terri D said...

One of those luxurious river cruises would be pretty amazing! Can I come too? Beautiful photos! Another fun Saturday 9!!

NanaDiana said...

The whole cruise boat reserved for your family sounds fantastic. It is always fun to read your answers, Nonnie....Love coming here. xo Diana

Jill said...

This is a wonderful post, love the photos so pretty! A river cruise sounds amazing! So relaxing too.... you never know it could happen! :-) Hope you are doing well. Enjoy your week!

Blessings,
Jill

Azka Kamil said...

awesome article..
thanks for sharing :)