On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

Friday Foto Friends!



These kids are so lucky!

They get to enjoy boating in the middle of winter because their Oma lives on the lake in South Texas. Now they do look a little chilly here, however, just this past weekend, they were skiing!!! Wow!

Meanwhile, back here in our part of North Central Texas, it was cold enough for a sweater a couple of weeks ago and our church hosted a luncheon for us who serve. These luncheons are always nice and show appreciation to all the volunteers. I love serving my church and the people there ... especially the children. It is my privilege.




Brother being silly with his sweet sister.

We had a really fun time at our table!

One of our Hodgepodge questions Joyce asked the other day was whether we held on to old clothes that we were still wearing. That question reminded me of these for some reason. Does anybody remember the wraparound skirt? Mother made skirts for my sister and I was so proud wearing it. They were made of denim and they were our favorites for the longest time. We had a red checked blouse to wear with ours. I'm sure this was probably the pattern she used, but our skirts weren't reversible.





The two pics above are not my photos, but I am enjoying and saving them from a Facebook page that is so sweet.

Spring is springing here.
We are seeing redbuds, daffodils ... and weeds in the neighborhood.
Our jasmine are in full bloom right now.

Tears
let one out ...

and the others blindly follow suit.



One day ...


Thank You, Father.


Until that day ... just a reminder.


12 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yes, I remember the wraparound skirts...had a denim one also. We must be from the same era. I didn't like it when the wind blew them open, however! LOL. Love your pictures...looks like a wonderful time of fellowship at your church. And the verses about tears...so thankful for tears...and that God wipes them away...and that one day there will be no more tears...no more good byes. We have a joyous homecoming to look forward to someday...so we keep moving forward and looking up! Praise God for His promises and goodness to us. Happy Friday!!

Visits With Mary said...

I remember wrap around skirts, long ago and far away!! Enjoyed all your pictures, I really liked the kids on their boat ride, having great fun and making precious memories! God has our tears in a bottle, I love that scripture, we have talked about it my ladies group. Hope you enjoy the weekend!!

Toni said...

Hi Nonnie, Enjoyed all your photos of family and church friends and family. Looks like a wonderful fellowship time. Psalm 56:8 is a favorite verse of mine too. Have a weekend of blessings my friend.

Susie said...

Nonnie, It is wonderful you can gather for a nice church dinner with family and friends. Love the pictures. Those kids look like they enjoyed the boat. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Breathing In Grace said...

Hi, Nonnie... thanks so much for sharing your fotos today. Such sweet kiddos... nothing like grands. Glad you had such a great time at the church get together. Fellowship is so important. Hope you have a great weekend!

Cathy said...

It sure looks like the kids are having a great time on the boat. Hope you have a great weekend.

Aritha V. said...

Hallo dear Nonnie, Ik love to see the kids in the boat on the lake!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The boat ride does look like fun. Also nice to be appreciated with a meal. I do love those two photos you shared that were not yours.

Linda said...

Thank you for the smiles...it was feeling like spring here in western NY---however, it is back to normal--30* and it was snowing this morning. That's spring in the great white north---never know what you'll get, lol.

Have a beautiful week ahead, friend.

betty-NZ said...

Lovely photos of your luncheon. It looks like a lot of happy people serve at your church. Great photos and Bible verses.

Jill said...

Wonderful pictures of everyone and I really love the quotes! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings
Jill

Dianna said...

Hello Nonnie. I am sorry to be so late in making my visit here with you. My heart has been blessed just the same though.

A great picture of you and your husband at the church luncheon. And you are so right...serving is a privilege.

I do remember the wrap around skirts. In Home Ec. class in high school I made a black and white print blouse and then at home I made a black wrap around skirt to go with it. Mine wasn't reversible either.

I enjoyed the promises from God's Word regarding our tears. Isn't it such a comfort to know that God loves us so deeply that He collects our tears in a bottle?

Hugs to you,my sweet friend.