On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday Tidbits

This was originally Tuesday Tidbits, but then it was Wednesday in Thanksgiving week, so things were a little off and it then became Wednesday's Warblings. Bible Study Fellowship was on a Tuesday and Ladies of Grace took the week off. Crazy mixed up week. Then last week was a total skip out and I am now back to Tuesday Tidbits.

I was trying to get ideas for Christmas gifts for the kids. Here is a partial list I was sent.  Ah, what to do, what to do! Mommy has instructed me only one or two toys. I am good with that.




We will be having company this week. I invited my brother and sister and their families to come spend the weekend and attend the Gift of Christmas with us at Prestonwood Baptist! This is such an amazing spectacular of a show as I have told about before. Therefore, I have been trying to get ahead on things since after Thanksgiving, time took off to fly with no time to spare. I. Am. So. Excited!!!



First thing I did was buy Christmas cards and they were signed, sealed and delivered to the post office the day after Thanksgiving. I also have pumpkin bread and zucchini bread in the freezer, along with chocolate chip cookies and pecan cookies. Fudge will be next!

Next I went up into the attic to pull down a few things to decorate. Beware, decorators everywhere, I am not a decorator and since I am not able to pull down the big tree from the attic, we will satisfy ourselves with the little tree, the spirit of Christmas, Nativity sets and a few other little things. It isn't good to have the house cluttered while company is here anyway.



It will be better when there are some packages around the bottom of the tree.

Finally, please do not scroll down if you are offended by deer hunters. 

Our son and son-in-law are both sportsmen, hunters and fishermen. They enjoy the fellowship, being out in the woods, and they also eat what they get. That being said, our grandsons have been going hunting with their dads, and here is a pic of Brady with his first doe. Although this troubles my DH and me, it is not our business and I am recording this here for Brady's sake in my book of memories. In their world, I think this is a kind of "man thing."


1 comment:

Terri D said...

My dad was a hunter. As long as they hunt for food, I'm okay with it. If it's for "sport" I think it is cruel. Your tree looks great and is sure bigger than ours! Those Christmas lists are really something! I don't even know what some of those things are! LOL Enjoy the show with your brother and sister and families! Please don't forget to tell us all about it!