On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Friday, December 4, 2015

Thanksgiving at a Glance

Yes, Virginia, Fall did finally make it to our part of the world.




My good friend at
Alleeoops Photography shared these photos.
http://www.alleeoops.com/


What a beautiful afghan my sweet friend Lisa presented to me.

Perfect match for me in my chair, don'cha think?

We made a speedy trip to and from North Carolina to visit my nephew and his wife for Thanksgiving. These pics seem to say that everybody just kind of lazed the day away, but really, there was a lot of action going on in the kitchen. We shopped the previous day together for the food and then everybody was in the kitchen preparing Thanksgiving dinner! What a feast it was! And good times were had by all on that day.




 Goofiness




This dog Rocco may appear to be a docile and subdued Schnoodle, but I promise you as he lies there resting, he is in the wait mode, ready for action. Throw a toy, call his name, mention food and he's flying off the back of that sofa. One of his leaping springs caused him to land on my DH's head raking toenails through my DH's ear! Yowza! Yep, it bled a lot!

 Who, me?

Playing a fun card game called
Wild Kingdom

 Dinner at Southern Prime was fantastic.

 Christmas decor all over the town. 
I liked the way they transformed an
evergreen tree into a snowman!

 The train station



 Notices and announcements can be found here at the Town Crier

There was room for us at the Inn.

Meanwhile, in other parts of the world:

Amy went to visit her family while
Jason did his duty at the fire station.

Billy, Crystal and Hunter sent their blessings 
from the other side of the ocean.

My sister with her family


Our daughter and her family

We don't always get to be with EVERYBODY on those special days, but I will say that every day spent with family always becomes a SPECIAL day. Whether with them or far apart, a special part of Thanksgiving is being thankful for what we do have and the times we get to share with them.

After we returned home, Amy and I took Kate and Jack to see Disney on Ice. I don't think the kids were as impressed with Disney on Ice as they were everything the hawkers were selling! Cotton candy, popcorn, and twirling, lighted swords were more to their liking!

 Amy may be laughing at me for spending $24 for popcorn!

Caution: Cotton candy may cause blue smiles 


Good-night!

6 comments:

Susie said...

Nonnie, Lots of great photos. Your family shared time with one another. Glad you had a good time. The last picture is so sweet. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Linda Kay said...

We are all caught up now on your latest adventures. I've noticed here in the Hill Country, the Bradford Pears are turning. The Post Oak tree is losing it's leaves and making a mess, but it isn't pretty. Just a few splashes of color. Lighted Christmas parade tonight in Fredericksburg...televised on KEYE TV

Wanda said...

Oh Nonnie, what a wonderful array of pictures. Loved everyone of them. How nice to see your family. I chucked when I saw you playing the card game. We had a rousing game of Scatigory Thanksgiving. That makes holidays special. We have dogs in our pictures too. HaHa

Terri D said...

Thank you for sharing all the joy and love with us! You had a wonderful holiday, obviously!

My Mind's Eye said...

Well Hello Nonnie!!!
What a fine Thanksgiving you had....we loved all the smiling faces.
You have some very pretty fall colors in your neck of the woods too
Hugs madi and mom

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The colors are amazing! Love the afghan. Love, love, love all the photos. So happy you had such a nice time.