On Eagle's Wings

On Eagle's Wings
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Followers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Flying Fonza Feathers (Part 2)

I did NOT know there would be a Part 2 to the chicken chase.
After Bible Study Fellowship this morning,
I made my way over to have lunch with Bettye,
and retrieve my dog, Trudy.
Chicken fried steak at the Sugar Hill Country Kitchen
in Farmersville, Texas was sooooo good!
Shopping on the Square:

Found two cake plates
for all the cakes I think I will bake
and back to Bettye's house for my dog.
(who was still barking and yapping at  her fine feathered friends!)

Bettye then made her confession that the
"end of story" was really NOT the end of HER part of the story.

Trudy and Fonza's big chase scene took them
through the poison ivy patch in the woods.
Bettye's reward for capturing my sweet Schnauzer resulted in
the poison ivy oil rubbing off on her.
She swelled up like a balloon :-(
and is having to take steroids. Bless her heart.
I feel like a crummy friend to have such a pesky dog.
Trudy is feeling somewhat crummy now, too.
She had a scrubdown bath upon her return to our house.
"What kind of a welcome is that?" she asks.

It wasn't all for nothing, though.
We made it home with a dozen fresh eggs
and a feather for Trudy's bed.
Sweet dreams.



4 comments:

Shelly said...

Ahh- the rest of the story! Hope she heals up soon- and enjoy those fresh eggs~

My Mind's Eye said...

I bet you and Trudy were both glad to get home with just eggs and no fine feathered creatures.
OH my goodness I have a deviled egg platter in the exact colors of the 2nd picture. It was my mother in laws and I treasure it.
Hugs Madi and Mom

momto8 said...

oh that stinks for your friend! hope she is feeling better by now and the itch is calming down.
would love to have those eggs!!!
happy weekend.

yaya said...

What's that old saying?....No good deed goes unpunished...that seems to fit this bill! Enjoy those eggs!